DISTRESSED CUTTING BOARDS
Hello all! I asked a few weeks ago on my IG stories to see how many of you would be interested in getting some ideas on how to style kitchen countertops and lots of you messaged me and said you would love to get some tips. I’ve thought about this all week and have put together some inspiration and ideas that anyone can use in their kitchen, no matter what your style or budget is. Most of these items are simple to find too, so its easy to switch them out or what they are holding out with new holidays and etc. I love to offer ideas for each season and freshen things up a bit without having to change everything. Let’s get started with my 5 essentials on how to style kitchen countertops like a pro…
- Distressed Cutting Boards// Every decorator is using cutting boards or bread boards as decor on countertops these days. As you can see, I have 2 vintage boards displayed behind my range. I love the texture they bring and they are a nice point of interest to break up my white backsplash (my exact subway tile is linked) a bit. I also have a few that I use as trays. On one of my trays, I have the Pellegrino glass water bottles displayed like lots of people do, and I love the green color they add, especially for spring and summer. On another board, I have these pretty glasses with gold rims displayed. I love to mix up the tones of the woods on my cutting boards and I also have a marble cutting board mixed in sometimes. Different shapes are KEY to look like a pro. I was so excited to find this gorgeous round tray that I would love to add to my collection.
- Colorful Cook Books// I have several hardcover cook books displayed in my kitchen. For so long, I had them in a cabinet and one day I started getting them out and taking the paper covers off to see the pretty, colored hardbacks. I chose my fave colors and displayed them ever since. It’s a super easy way to add some color or all white like I do sometimes. You can stack a few brightly colored ones and add a small bowl on top with green apples or lemons, etc. I also love setting them up with the spines displayed and use an unexpected mortar and pestle (click on it to see how cute it is) or an adorable candle like this as the book end to hold the books up. Using unexpected items like this as part of your kitchen decor scream professional to me!
- Interesting Cake Stands// I love having a variety of cake stands or pedestals displayed on my countertops or open shelving. Currently, I have marble and wood cake stands (not available online, but I linked similar) in 2 different sizes stacked on each other. I move them around constantly and mix in other cake stands as well often. Cake stands have a very pretty shape and are a simple way to add some style to your kitchen decor. A few cookbooks stacked on top would look pretty too. At my sister’s house, I love how she has an entire collection of various cake stands displayed in a glass cabinet. It’s so elegant and looks like a decorator came over and carefully styled it!
- Decorative Bowls with fruit // A kitchen must-have for me and any decorator or designer. I have this large wooden bowl in my kitchen and change out whats in it all of the time. For spring/summer… green apples, oranges, lemons or limes are typically what I keep out for decor in different bowls. Sometimes it is fresh fruit, but once fruit flies come, I just put nice quality faux fruit in them. I have this gorgeous blue and gold bowl that I have not displayed yet, that will be in another post coming soon, but I cannot wait to fill it with some sort of vibrant fruit. I also have these glass jars on my island right now with lemons and limes in them. Every decorator will add fruit in a kitchen for a pop of color, so do it and you will look like one too! I also like to use different patterned bowls to add some interest on my countertops or open shelving. These bowls are SOOOO darling, and you only need a few to make a big impact in your space. I think I am going to order these I like the pattern and color so well.
- On-Trend Kitchen Towels// I know this seems obvious, but these days there are so many stylish and on trend kitchen towels out there, why not choose pretty ones since you need them anyway. I hang cute towels on my dishwasher bar and my oven range. I am in love with all of the fringed kitchen towels right now, they add just the right amount of fun to your countertop decor. Another cute idea is to lay a cute towel like this on a decorative tray styled with some cook books, a cute colander and some nice salt and pepper shakers. And per usual, I change them out often. Super inexpensive way to change-up the feel and mood of your kitchen countertops.
I truly hope these 5 must haves have helped to inspire you on how to style kitchen countertops like a pro! It just takes a little practice and you will get the hang of it, I promise. If you are anything like me, then it will become fun and you’ll want to restyle your countertops or decor all of the time! Please message me if you ever have any decor questions that you want to run by me. Please don’t forget to subscribe to my blog so you are the first to know about my latest’s posts!